07 Jun Ready for Vacation? Complete these Important To Dos before Departing
Summertime is just about here, and just like your clients, it’s a popular time for travel professionals to go on vacation. We know you do the best to take care of your clients’ vacation needs, but have you thought about everything you need to do before YOU go on vacation or are out of the office for an extended period of time? Here are some best practices to ensure your business stays on track when you’re out of the office:
- It may seem basic, but it happens … Ensure your clients know your name and have your contact information.
- Ensure you have coverage if you’re unavailable and notify your clients with a courtesy call or via email if you’re going on vacation or will be out of the office for an extended period of time.
- Buddy up with another agent who can handle emergencies while you’re out. Nexion members are great at helping each other and Nexion also has a Buddy System in place to help members in need find other members who can assist clients or potential clients.
- Before you head out on vacation, run a query of customers who may have deadlines coming up for final payment, booking option dates, group finalization deadlines, etc.
- Be sure to update outgoing voice mail or recording messages when you’re unavailable. If possible, forward your phone, or leave information on who will be covering for you in your absence, as well as the dates of your absence.
- If you’re going to be unable to access and respond to email, be sure to leave an “Out of Office” auto reply, if you use Outlook, or similar message with other email programs. This lets your clients know your whereabouts and who to contact in your absence.
Now that you have your clients’ covered, you can relax and enjoy YOUR well-deserved vacation.
Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or new to the travel industry, the difference is clear. Joining Nexion – a powerhouse host agency backed by Travel Leaders Group – is the best business decision you can make.