ROMANCE TRAVEL SALES SUMMIT AGENDA
- 4:30 – 6 p.m.: Opening General Session and Keynote, presented by Lisa Sheldon – “Do You Have the Heart for Romance Travel?”
Do you have the heart for romance travel? The romance travel niche is not just a trend, it’s a viable aspect of travel. This niche requires more than just the love of weddings and the ability to book a trip. It can be very rewarding financially as well as personally and professionally. During the next few days we’ll explore ways to help you set yourself apart from generalists in the travel agency community.
- 6 – 7 p.m.: Welcome Reception
- 9 – 9:45 a.m.: Keynote “Understanding the Bridal Market,” presented by Carrie Brandt
Get a better understanding of the overall bridal market and the planning process. You will learn about the shift in media consumption, how and when brides are booking travel, their social media habits and more – all of the things you need to know to better reach the bridal audience and sell more honeymoons and destination weddings.
- 9:45 – 10:30 a.m.: “Prospecting for Romance Travel Clients,” presented by Lisa Sheldon
Finding romance travel clients may be easier than you think. Learn new ways as well as how to use your existing client base to find honeymooners, destination weddings and other romance travel clients.
- 10:30 – 11:15 a.m.: “The Anatomy of a Destination Wedding,” presented by Lisa Sheldon
We’ll break down the timeline and to-do list for a typical destination wedding booking, from 12+ months out until the day they leave for the airport – and then some.
- 11:15 a.m. – Noon: “Consultations and Proposals,” presented by Lisa Sheldon
Role playing will help you learn techniques to turn a consultation into a sale. Once the client is committed to working with you, present them with a proposal that is professional, informative and seals the deal.
- Noon – 12:15 p.m.: Break
- 12:15 – 1:15 p.m.: Sponsored Lunch
- 1:15 – 3:15 p.m.: Marketplace Trade Show
- 3:30 – 4:20 p.m.: “Charging Professional Fees – How and Why,” presented by Lisa Sheldon
In this session we will discuss why to charge a professional planning fee and how to present the fee to your client.
- 4:30 – 5:20 p.m.: “Tools for Success,” presented by Carrie Brandt
Find out about toolkits exclusive to the Travel Leaders Network/Nexion network, Agent Profiler, marketing collateral and more.
- Dinner on your own
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Offsite Site Inspections with Classic Vacations and Travel Impressions
- Secrets Akumal
- Dreams Riviera Cancun
- Breathless Riviera Cancun
- Dreams Playa Mujeres
- Dreams Riviera Cancun
- Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita
- 3 – 6 p.m.: Free time
- 6 – 10 p.m.: Xoximilco Tour – hosted by Experiencias Xcaret
- 9 – 9:45 a.m.: Keynote Speaker Carrie Brandt presents, “Future of Romance Travel”
What’s the future of the honeymoon and destination wedding market? We’ll discuss the things needed to stay “top of mind” and what travel trends we’re seeing for romance travel for future bridal couples.
- 9:45 – 11:15 a.m.: Supplier One on Ones
- 11:15 – 11:30 a.m.: Break
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Lisa Sheldon presents “Going Beyond Destination Weddings and Honeymoons”
Learn how you can turn a regular vacation into a romantic, memorable one for your clients, as well as working with “Groupmoons,” “Babymoons” and Proposal trips.
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.: Sponsored Lunch
- 1:30 – 1:45 p.m.: Break
- 1:45 – 2:35 p.m.: “Moon Palace Resort Wedding Presentation and How To”
Hear it from the experts! Moon Palace Resorts will present insider information on working with travel professionals and planning a destination wedding. Learn from the Sales Coordinator and Wedding Planner, who both book and work with your clients.
- 2:40 – 3:30 p.m.: Moon Palace Site Inspection of Wedding Spots
- 3:30 – 6:30 p.m.: Free time
- 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.: Closing Reception (mock wedding and dinner reception)